Hello all WLC K-2 Families and Players,
Welcome to another season of this great sport. We now move indoors at Premier sports for our Winter Lacrosse Program that starts in December, takes a break for the holidays, and then finishes up in January.
Our Winter program is designed to teach the fundamentals of the game in a fun, exciting, and safe environment. We focus on good sportsmanship, equal playing time, and good competition. Although it is not as structured as our spring program, we still focus on all of the skills and try to make everything as fun as possible. With that, I will be posting our practice drills and practice structure online (the K-2 LAX Winter 2015/2016 tab on our WLC website) as well as add a video section for links to other practice at home techniques and drills. My goal for the Winter is to keep a fairly consistent practice structure that will focus on the fundamentals yet keep it fun. The first half of the season will primary focus on the fundamentals (passing, catching, cradling, ground balls, and more). We will transition more through stations so we can brake the kids up into smaller groups as we really get more attention into each fundamental.
When we continue back up in January, we will primary do games to focus on what we have learned but in a more game like scenario. Overall, we hope the kids have a great time and enjoy playing and learning.
Program Dates and Times:
Saturdays in December: 12/5, 12/12, 12/19, 9:00am- 10:00am
Sunday, January 3rd, 9:00am- 10:30am
Sunday, January 10th, 9:00am- 10:30am
Sunday, January 17th, 9:00am- 10:30am
Wednesday, January 20th, 5:00pm- 6:00pm
Wednesday, January 27th, 5:00pm-6:00pm
For some other quick information:
- For those renting equipment (paid for rental equipment during the registration process) please keep an eye out for equipment pickup date. This date will be emailed out closer to the start of our winter program.
- All Players will need to be in full equipment when entering the playing field -- This is a must for safety.
- Mouth pieces and a protective cup are also a must.
- Cleats, sneakers, or turf shoes are all acceptable forms of footwear during the season.
- Please arrive promptly for practice and be prepared to start on time.
- An adult or responsible adult needs to be in attendance during the entire practice.
- The end of our Winter session will be a very exciting night with the Rochester Knighthawks: February 13th. The Kids will be part of the tunnel team when the Knighthawks come on the floor and will get to play an 8 minute game during half time. Discounted game tickets will need to be purchased (through a special website to be set up for Webster) if you plan to participate. More details to come during the program.
If at any time you have any question, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact me.