Hello all WLC K-2 Families and Players,
Welcome to another WINTER season of this great sport. Winter session Registration is now open!!! Please visit the Webster Lacrosse website, under the Register Online tab, scroll to find K-2 Winter Lacrosse. We will move indoors at Total Sports Experience in East Rochester (435 W Commercial St, East Rochester 14445), for our Winter Lacrosse Program that starts in November, takes a break for the holidays, and then finishes up Just Before Christmas (December 17th, 2018)
Our Winter program is designed to teach the fundamentals of the game in a fun, exciting, and safe environment. We focus on good sportsmanship, equal playing time, and good competition. Although it is not as structured as our spring program, we still focus on all of the skills and try to make everything as fun as possible. My goal for the Winter is to keep a fairly consistent practice structure that will focus on the fundamentals yet keep it fun. The first half of the season will primary focus on the fundamentals (passing, catching, cradling, ground balls, and more). We will transition more through stations so we can break the kids up into smaller groups as we really get more attention into each fundamental.
When we continue back up in January, we will primarily do games to focus on what we have learned but in a more game like scenario. Overall, we hope the kids have a great time and enjoy playing and learning.
Program Dates and Times:
Monday, November 12th, 2018 6:00 pm- 7:00 pm
Monday, November 19th, 2018 6:00 pm- 7:00 pm
Monday, November 26th, 2018 6:00 pm- 7:00 pm
Monday, December 3rd, 2018 6:00 pm- 7:00 pm
Monday, December 10th, 2018 6:00 pm- 7:00 pm
Monday, December 17th, 2018 6:00 pm- 7:00 pm
Annual Knighthawks Tunnel Team/Halftime play at Blue Cross Arena - TBD
For some other quick information:
- For those renting equipment (paid for rental equipment during the registration process) please keep an eye out for equipment pickup date. This date will be emailed out closer to the start of our winter program.
- All Players will need to be in full equipment when entering the playing field -- This is a must for safety.
- Mouth pieces and a protective cup are also a must.
- Cleats, sneakers, or turf shoes are all acceptable forms of footwear during the season.
- Please arrive promptly for practice and be prepared to start on time.
- An adult or responsible adult needs to be in attendance during the entire practice.
- The end of our Winter session will be a very exciting night with the Rochester Knighthawks: Date TBD. The Kids will be part of the tunnel team when the Knighthawks come on the floor and will get to play an 8 minute game during half time. Discounted game tickets will need to be purchased (through a special website to be set up for Webster) if you plan to participate. More details to come during the program.
If at any time you have any question, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact me.