Hello all WLC K-2 Fall Ball Families and Players,
It's hard to imagine that fall season of lacrosse is just around the corner. We are all excited for the season to start and we are looking forward to playing lacrosse.
For those of you that are new to the Webster Lacrosse Program, my name is Ken Stockmann and I am the lacrosse director for our K-2 grade program. This is my second year as the K-2 director and third year involved with the Webster lacrosse Club. I have been involved with the sport of lacrosse for the majority of my life and have coached at almost every level from college down to youth.
Our Fall program is designed to teach the fundamentals of the game in a fun, exciting, and safe environment. We focus on good sportsmanship, equal playing time, and good competition. Although it is not as structured as our spring program, we still focus on all of the skills and try to make everything as fun as possible. My goal for the fall is to keep a fairly consistent practice structure that will focus on the fundamentals yet keep it fun and finish the day with games and scrimmages (after the couple of weeks of fundamentals). More information will be shared when those details are posted online.
For some other quick information:
- K-2 Fall ball is on Saturday's: 9:30 AM- 11:00 AM at the Box and adjacent fields starting on 9/10/2016.
- For those renting equipment the pick up time will be on 9/3 at 9:00 AM at the box.
- All Players will need to be in full equipment when entering the box or any playing field -- This is a must for safety.
- Mouth pieces and a protective cup are also a must.
- Cleats, sneakers, or turf shoes are all acceptable forms of footwear during the season.
- Please arrive promptly for practice and be prepared to start on time.
- An adult or responsible adult needs to be in attendance during the entire practice.
- The end of our fall ball season ends with our Ghouls, Goals and Goblins" fall Round Robin tournament. This is an extremely fun and exciting way to end the fall season. It will be held on the evening of Friday October, 28th.
Webster Lacrosse Club simply has the best facilities available in the greater Rochester area. We are very lucky. Let's take advantage of all we have. We will certainly use these for all of our lacrosse programs, including the Box, Grass Fields, and the Wall.
For those of you that want to volunteer to coach please contact me so I can put together a list of our coaches for easy distribution of practice plans and pertinent information.
I look forward to getting started. If at any time you have any question, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact me.