Hello all WLC 3/4 Families and Players,
Welcome to another season of this great sport. We now move indoors at Your Sports Depot for our Winter Lacrosse Program that starts in December, takes a break for the holidays, and then finishes up in February.
Our Winter program is designed to teach the fundamentals of the game in a fun, exciting, and safe environment. We focus on good sportsmanship, equal playing time, and good competition. Although it is not as structured as our spring program, we still focus on all of the skills and try to make everything as fun as possible. My goal for the Winter is to keep a fairly consistent practice structure that will focus on the fundamentals yet keep it fun. The first half of the season will primary focus on the fundamentals (passing, catching, cradling, ground balls, and more). We will transition more through stations so we can brake the kids up into smaller groups as we really get more attention into each fundamental. Overall, we hope the kids have a great time and enjoy playing and learning.
Program Dates and Times:
For some other quick information:
- For those renting equipment (paid for rental equipment during the registration process) please keep an eye out for equipment pickup date. This date will be emailed out closer to the start of our winter program.
- All Players will need to be in full equipment when entering the playing field -- This is a must for safety.
- Mouth pieces and a protective cup are also a must.
- Cleats, sneakers, or turf shoes are all acceptable forms of footwear during the season.
- Please arrive promptly for practice and be prepared to start on time.
- An adult or responsible adult needs to be in attendance during the entire practice.
If at any time you have any question, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact me.